- This event has passed.
Public Utility Research Center Annual Conference
February 23, 2022 - February 24, 2022
Unlocking Innovation: Keys to Getting it Right
This is a time of lofty challenges. Some utilities and policy makers aspire to achieving net zero carbon emissions, while recovering from the pandemic and keeping service affordable. Government officials at local, state, and federal levels are pressing for universal broadband. And these are happening in a context of an increasing political divide, an ongoing pandemic, and competition between global powers.
How can Florida advance technologies, policies, and regulations that make sense for the state’s future? Please join us for the 49th PURC annual conference where speakers and the audience will tackle questions like:
- What new business models and technologies are being tried in Florida?
- What new technologies and opportunities look interesting to investors
- How are these trends affecting the emerging inter-dependencies for telecoms, power and water in Florida?
- How should companies and regulations adapt to the growing use of electronic vehicles?
- What are the adaptive challenges for regulators, policy makers, and service providers?
- What do these changes mean for customers, especially traditionally marginalized groups?